The shared office is a new concept introduced to the conservative Indian business community after globalization and the arrival of multinational companies to India. Till then, privacy was considered more important for any business and the involvement of outsiders a taboo.
However, the shared office concept imported from the western hemisphere proved this assumption to be a false one. Even when you are sharing an office with others, you can enjoy privacy to a greater extent and at the same time, you can share many facilities for improving your business. At present, this concept is receiving wide acceptance across the country and business centres that are into providing infrastructure for business are offering shared office space in almost all major cities of India.
Advantages of Shared Offices or Shared Office Facilities
- In a shared office, you share the office space and other facilities with one or more individuals or establishments. In other words, you share the rent and utility charges such as electricity charges, internet charges etc with others and hence you can run the business for a lesser cost.
- Business centres offering shared office facilities will offer the assistance of professionals such as receptionists, telephone operators, office boys etc too. Hence, the manpower is considerably reduced and thus the overhead expenditures are reduced too.
- When you share an office with others, you are forming an unofficial business tie up with others where you can share the details of clients and customers. This will certainly help you to get more leads and references which will help you to improve your business.
- Business centres offering shared office space for rent offer value-added business services also which can be utilized by you to develop your business.
- All necessary facilities such as photocopiers, printers, courier services, cafeteria etc will be available on the premises so that you do need not run here and there for them.
- Business centres provide excellent mail handling services which will help you a lot.
- Usually, the business centres offering shared office space for rent will be located in prestigious locations in any city and hence you can enjoy all the benefits of having a prestigious postal address for a lower price.
All these attractive features play an important role in making the shared office concept a widely accepted one. This concept is recommended for small businesses and startups as it will help them to run the show for a lesser running cost. The shared office is the best option for medium scale industries also when they plan for a branch office.